Definition of Communist party
1. Noun. A political party that actively advocates a communist form of government; in Communist countries it is the sole political party of the state.
Communist Party Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Communist Party Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Communist Party
Literary usage of Communist party
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Socialism in Thought and Action by Harry Wellington Laidler (1920)
"communist party Convention to be held in Chicago, on September 1. ... Formation of communist party.— On September 1, the communist party opened its sessions ..."
2. The American Political Science Review (1920)
"The three divisions are officially organized into the Socialist party, the Communist Labor party, and the communist party, respectively. ..."
3. The American Journal of International Law by American Society of International Law (1907)
"Opposed to our present form of government we see the un-American character of the communist party in the United States. It is a party recognized on an ..."
4. The Living Age by Making of America Project, Eliakim Littell, Robert S. Littell (1844)
"The communist party could not at any time claim with reason that it ... Thus the communist party represented a truly un-American force in the land. ..."
5. The History and Problems of Organized Labor by Frank Tracy Carlton (1920)
"The other two groups took the names, Communist Labor Party and communist party; these are more radical. Both lay little stress upon political action. ..."
6. Human Rights in Post-Communist Albania by Fred Abrahams, Human Rights Watch (Helsinki). (1996)
"Ban on the communist party In July 1992, parliament passed a law banning all "fascist, racist, anti- national, Marxist-Leninist, ..."
7. The Library of Original Sources: Ideas that Have Influenced Civilization, in edited by Oliver Joseph Thatcher (1915)
"... gave to the world the famous "Manifesto of the communist party" included below. In 1867 Marx published the first volume of his great work "Das Kapital. ..."