Definition of Computer system
1. Noun. A system of one or more computers and associated software with common storage.
Specialized synonyms: Backup System, Platform
Terms within: Auxiliary Equipment, Off-line Equipment
Generic synonyms: System
Computer System Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Computer System Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Computer System
Literary usage of Computer system
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1883)
"In addition, the author and molecular formula indexes of Chemical Abstracts are now organized and composed through the computer system, and the subject ..."
2. An Introduction to Computer Security: The Nist Handbook by Barbara Guttman (1995)
"8.2 Benefits of Integrating Security in the computer system Life Cycle Although a computer security plan can be developed for a system at any point in the ..."
3. Design and Analysis of Integrated Manufacturing Systems by W. Dale Compton (1988)
"The software and its associated computer system are designed so that the cell operates without manual intervention except at the load-unload stations. ..."
4. Dedicated Computer Crime Units by J. Thomas McEwen (1988)
"Internal computer crimes are alterations to programs that result in the performance of unauthorized functions within a computer system. ..."
5. Defending Secrets, Sharing Data: New Locks and Keys for Electronic Information (1993)
"Moving up one step further in level of adversary, outsiders who gain unauthorized access to a computer system can perpetrate the same kinds of misuse. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Computer system