Definition of Confederate soldier
1. Noun. A soldier in the Army of the Confederacy during the American Civil War.
Generic synonyms: Confederate, Soldier
Confederate Soldier Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Confederate Soldier Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Confederate Soldier
Literary usage of Confederate soldier
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The New South: A Chronicle of Social and Industrial Evolution by Holland Thompson (1919)
"... CHAPTER n THE confederate soldier TAKES CHARGE As the year 1877 was beginning, the carpetbag governments in nine of the Southern States had been already ..."
2. The Republican Campaign Textbook by Republican National Committee (U.S.), Republican Congressional Committee (1880)
"... Confederates in Congress thus shown their hatred of the Union soldier, but in more ways than one have they shown their love for the confederate soldier. ..."
3. The Existing Conflict Between Republican Government and Southern Oligarchy by Green Berry Raum (1884)
"... Sheriff of the County and an ex-confederate soldier—Fears of the Interference of Federal Soldiers—No US Troops used, but the Election controlled by ..."
4. Publishers Weekly by Publishers' Board of Trade (U.S.), Book Trade Association of Philadelphia, American Book Trade Union, Am. Book Trade Association, R.R. Bowker Company (1882)
"... one of the first illustrators in this country, s*i of confederate soldier life. ... un the confederate soldier as he fought and suffered for his cause. ..."
5. Old Time Notes of Pennsylvania: A Connected and Chronological Record of the by Alexander Kelly McClure (1905)
"... Anxiety at Harrisburg and Throughout the State—Lee's Retreat from Franklin County—Intense Passions That Denied Burial to a confederate soldier. ..."
6. A Library of American Literature from the Earliest Settlement to the Present by Arthur Stedman, Edmund Clarence Stedman (1894)
"If your reproach be just, and the confederate soldier were a conscious culprit, ... The confederate soldier offers not to your confidence a conscience ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Confederate soldier