Definition of Conform to
1. Verb. Satisfy a condition or restriction. "Does this paper meet the requirements for the degree?"
Specialized synonyms: Coordinate, Fill The Bill, Fit The Bill, Behoove, Behove, Fulfil, Fulfill, Live Up To, Satisfy, Accommodate, Fit, Suit
Generic synonyms: Agree, Check, Correspond, Fit, Gibe, Jibe, Match, Tally
2. Verb. Observe. "Conform to the rules"
3. Verb. Behave in accordance or in agreement with. "Follow my example"
Conform To Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Conform To Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Conform To
Literary usage of Conform to
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Life of Samuel Johnson, LL.D.: Including A Journal of a Tour to the by James Boswell, John Wilson Croker (1831)
"I went this morning to the chapel at six, and if I were to stay would try to conform to all wholesome rules * *. Mr. Coulson 2 is well, and still willing to ..."
2. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1912)
"... of the grant confirmed, did tot conform to the measurement of the land at •hown by the record of juridical possession, ..."
3. The Popular Science Monthly (1884)
"It is assuming that an event will necessarily conform to a prophecy made entirely without reasonable data. George Eliot pointed out this absence of reason ..."
4. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann (1913)
"Jewish Christians, if sincere, could no longer conform to all of the Mosaic Law; hence they were no longer at liberty to kill their enemies or to burn and ..."
5. The American Naturalist by American Society of Naturalists, Essex Institute (1904)
"... in each case there are numbers of cells which are not zonal in their distribution, but which conform to the law applicable to Thujopsis and Podocarpus. ..."