Definition of Contraceptive device
1. Noun. An agent or device intended to prevent conception.
Specialized synonyms: Cervical Cap, Coil, Condom, Prophylactic, Rubber, Safe, Safety, Contraceptive Diaphragm, Diaphragm, Pessary, Intrauterine Device, Iud, Morning-after Pill, Anovulant, Anovulatory Drug, Birth Control Pill, Contraceptive Pill, Oral Contraceptive, Oral Contraceptive Pill, Pill, Spermatocide, Spermicide
Generic synonyms: Device
Derivative terms: Preventive
Medical Definition of Contraceptive device
1. A device used to prevent pregnancy; e.g., occlusive diaphragm, condom, intrauterine device. (05 Mar 2000)
Contraceptive Device Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Contraceptive Device Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Contraceptive Device
Literary usage of Contraceptive device
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Punitive Damages: Tort Reform & Fda Defenses: Hearings Before the Committee edited by Orrin G. Hatch (1995)
"Yes, that is the contraceptive device that is generally, except I think there is one IUD still marketed in the United States, not as available to women as ..."
2. Backgrounds for Social Workers by Edward John von Komorowski Menge (1918)
"... even on those who adopt the rightfulness of contraceptive devices, for there is no contraceptive device known that is infallible, so, if one or both of ..."
3. Ansley J. Coale: An Autobiography by Ansley Johnson Coale (2000)
"An instance of the practical impact of this program is its funding (about 95 percent) of the development of the intrauterine contraceptive device. ..."
4. 6th Annual Report on Carcinogens (1991) by DIANE Publishing Company (1994)
"Progesterone embedded in an intrauterine contraceptive device is a potential route of exposure to a limited population. Human placental extracts, of which ..."