Definition of Convex polygon
1. Noun. A polygon such that no side extended cuts any other side or vertex; it can be cut by a straight line in at most two points.
Convex Polygon Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Convex Polygon Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Convex Polygon
Literary usage of Convex polygon
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Theory of Functions of a Complex Variable by Andrew Russell Forsyth (1893)
"We now change R by adding a normal polygon T and subtracting a normal polygon Tl : thus for the new region we have a positive (that is, a convex) polygon Q, ..."
2. The Thirteen Books of Euclid's Elements by Euclid, Johan Ludvig Heiberg (1908)
"The omission of the convex polyhedral angle here corresponds to the omission, after I. 32, of the proposition about the interior angles of a convex polygon ..."
3. Plane and Solid Geometry: Suggestive Method by George Clinton Shutts (1904)
"The sum of the interior angles of any convex polygon is equal to twice as many right ... Let AD represent any convex polygon. To prove that the sum of the ..."
4. Plane and Solid Geometry by Wooster Woodruff Beman, David Eugene Smith (1895)
"By the term regular polygon, a regular convex polygon is understood unless the contrary is stated. A general quadrilateral. A polygon is called a triangle, ..."
5. American Marten, Fisher, Lynx, and Wolverine: Survey Methods for Their Detection by William J. Zielinski, Thomas E. Kucera (1998)
"... males within the breeding season convex polygon biased to underestimate 90% harmonic mean adults + juveniles convex polygon adults only May-December 90% ..."
6. Elementary Geometry: Congruent Figures by Olaus Henrici (1879)
"Therefore the sum of all the angles in the convex polygon is equal to n-2 angles of ... If all the sides of a convex polygon be produced in the same sense, ..."
7. Geometry of Four Dimensions by Henry Parker Manning (1914)
"A convex polygon is a simple plane polygon no point of which is a point of a side produced. THEOREM i. // each pair of consecutive vertices of a polygon lie ..."
8. Elementary Geometry: Plane by James McMahon (1903)
"In a convex polygon each of the interior angles is concave, and its exterior conjunct angle is convex. A concave polygon has at least one of the conjunct ..."