Definition of Conveyors
1. Noun. (plural of conveyor) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Conveyors
1. conveyor [n] - See also: conveyor
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Conveyors Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Conveyors
Literary usage of Conveyors
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Coal Mining in Arkansas by Alvin Arthur Steel (1910)
"If the coal is more than 24 in. high, it can be cut by machines and there is little trouble in using the conveyors. The system is best described in a paper ..."
2. Coal Mining in Arkansas by Alvin Arthur Steel (1910)
"Longu'dil mining with conveyors. If the roof is good and the coal so thin that cars can not be brought along the face, the coal can best be removed by ..."
3. The Design of Walls, Bins, and Grain Elevators by Milo Smith Ketchum (1911)
"This conveyor gallery contains two belt conveyors that carry grain from the working ... Belt conveyors may be operated on a maximum slope of 17 to 24°, ..."
4. The Mechanical Engineer's Pocket-book: A Reference Book of Rules, Tables by William Kent (1902)
"These conveyors are made from 4 to 18 inches in diameter, and in sections 8 ... Screw conveyors*—Screw conveyors consist of a helical steel Belt conveyors. ..."
5. Handbook of Mechanical and Electrical Cost Data: Giving Shipping Weights by Halbert Powers Gillette, Richard Turner Dana (1918)
"24 shows the power requirements for both types of bucket conveyors, those with rigid buckets and those with pivoted buckets. The power required for the ..."
6. Steam Power Plant Engineering by George Frederick Gebhardt (1917)
"Continuous conveyors and Elevators. — The most popular method of automatically handling coal and ashes in the modern power plant is by means of continuous ..."
7. Index of Mining Engineering Literature: Comprising an Index of Mining by Walter Richard Crane (1912)
"conveyors FOR MINERAL AND COAL Kinds of conveyors, Operation, Etc. KEYSTONE ... I. conveyors Underground SHAKING CHUTES IN RAND MINES. PCM & M. Soc. ..."
8. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1895)
"CHEMICALS Dodge Screw conveyors are designed to convey efficiently a great variety of ... When desired screw conveyors may be made dust and moisture proof. ..."