Definition of Cooking stove
1. Noun. A kitchen appliance used for cooking food. "Dinner was already on the stove"
Specialized synonyms: Charcoal Burner, Cookstove, Electric Range, Gas Cooker, Gas Range, Gas Stove, Potbelly, Potbelly Stove, Primus, Primus Stove, Spirit Stove
Terms within: Grate, Grating
Generic synonyms: Kitchen Appliance
Cooking Stove Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cooking Stove Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cooking Stove
Literary usage of Cooking stove
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Miss Beecher's Housekeeper and Healthkeeper: Containing Five Hundred Recipes by Catharine Esther Beecher (1873)
"The most common modes of cooking, where open fires are relinquished, are by the range and the cooking-stove. The range is inferior to the stove in these ..."
2. Official Descriptive and Illustrated Catalogue by Great Exhibition, Robert Ellis (1851)
"Improved cooking-stove, with a long roasting fire and tage»; ... Portable cooking-stove, for cooking with pas generated from heated spirits. ..."
3. School Architecture: Being Practical Remarks on the Planning, Designing by Edward Robert Robson (1877)
"... and fire irons—The cooking stove—Minor details—Easels—Lesson- stands— Blackboards — Maps — Diagrams — Models—Abaci—The French "compendium"—Kinder-garton ..."
4. Industrial History of the United States: From the Earliest Settlements to by Albert Sidney Bolles (1878)
"Then came the parent of the modern cooking-stove, the Buck, ... There have been several hundred modifications of this pattern of cooking-stove. ..."
5. Official Catalogue (1884)
"(4) One cooking stove with Oven and Boiler, adapted to burn coal or gas. ... Family cooking stove, fitted with Patent Safety Tup. (3) No. 62. New . ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Cooking stove