Definition of Copaiba balsam
1. Noun. An oleoresin used in varnishes and ointments.
Copaiba Balsam Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Copaiba Balsam Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Copaiba Balsam
Literary usage of Copaiba balsam
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Dictionary of Chemistry and the Allied Branches of Other Sciences by Henry Watts (1870)
"The two varieties of copaiba balsam just described, the first of which, ... 1"- 172) found in three varieties of mobile copaiba balsam of the first ..."
2. Pharmaceutical Journal by Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain (1853)
"AMONG the substances fraudulently mixed with Peru balsam, castor oil, and copaiba balsam, are the most difficult to detect. The author recommends the ..."
3. Allen's Commercial Organic Analysis: A Treatise on the Properties, Modes of by Alfred Henry Allen (1911)
"When pure copaiba balsam is present, the acetic acid solution remains colourless or assumes a pale yellow tint, whereas in the presence of ..."
4. Commercial Organic Analysis: A Treatise on the Properties, Proximate by Alfred Henry Allen (1886)
"For the determination of fatty oils in copaiba balsam J. Muter (Analyst, i. 160) employs a process based on the insolubility of oleate and ricinoleate of ..."
5. Clinical Diagnosis: The Bacteriological, Chemical, and Microscopical by Rudolf Jaksch von Wartenhorst, James Cagney (1897)
"copaiba balsam.—copaiba balsam in the urine yields a red •colour with hydrochloric acid, changing to violet when heated. If ammonia or caustic soda lie ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Copaiba balsam