Definition of Coquilla nut
1. Noun. Nut having a hard hazel-brown shell used like vegetable ivory.
Generic synonyms: Seed
Coquilla Nut Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Coquilla Nut Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Coquilla Nut
Literary usage of Coquilla nut
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Entomologist's Record and Journal of Variation by James William Tutt, Malcolm Burr (1890)
"THE COQUILLA-NUT BEETLE.—Mr. Hugh Main, a beetle, hindwings, in the breadth and depth of colour of the transverse exhibited with the larva in it, ..."
2. The Natural History of the Raw Materials of Commerce: With a Copious List of by John Yeats (1878)
"... vast variety of trinkets and articles to imitate ivory. About 80000 of these nuts were imported in 1852. coquilla nut (Attalea funi/era ; natural order, ..."
3. Appleton's Dictionary of Machines, Mechanics, Engine-work, and Engineering by D. Appleton and Company, Oliver Byrne (1852)
"... n" gy descriptive The coquilla-nut is represented ш ff- represented, each containing^a ?»r1 я USA*11* wJ'h the exception of the two separate cagues the ..."
4. Bibliotheca nicotiana; a first catalogue of books about tobacco. together by William Bragge (1880)
"Coquilla-nut, carved all over ; at end grotesque head, with ivory teeth. [ 195.] Coquilla-nut, oval; Neptune and sea-horses on lid. [196. ..."
5. Descriptive and Illustrated Catalogue of the Histological Series Contained by John Quekett (1850)
"A transverse section of a coquilla nut, which consists of a series of more ... A vertical section of the same coquilla nut, in which the cells are of more ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Coquilla nut