Definition of Corn fritter
1. Noun. Fritter containing corn or corn kernels.
Corn Fritter Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Corn Fritter Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Corn Fritter
Literary usage of Corn fritter
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Dictionary of Americanisms: A Glossary of Words and Phrases Usually Regarded by John Russell Bartlett (1877)
"Corn-Fritter. A fritter in the batter of which green Indian corn has, after being grated, been mingled. A very minute account which Mrs. Kittridge was ..."
2. The Rocky Mountain Cook Book: For High Altitude Cooking by Caroline Trask Norton (1918)
"... on a buttered griddle, or add a little more flour and drop from a spoon into deep fat, making a corn fritter. Use canned corn the same way, ..."
3. The Queen Cook Book: A Careful Compilation of Recipes and Practical by William Hart Boyd (1895)
"If fat is just right heat, the corn fritter will be light and delicious; if not, soggy. Beat the whites of eggs to a stiff froth just before frying. ..."
4. Under the Sky in California by Charles Francis Saunders (1913)
"... all-right corn fritter, you bet." One finds some excellent brands of canned string beans in Western stores, but in view of your necessary stock of dried ..."
5. Adventure Guide Maui by Sharon Hamblin (2005)
"At dinner, Big Wave offers great pupus (try the lobster and sweet corn fritter) and a terrific selection of dinner entrées ranging from shrimp scampi to ..."