Definition of Coronary-artery disease
1. Noun. Sclerosis of the arterial walls.
Specialized synonyms: Atherosclerosis, Coronary Artery Disease, Arteriosclerosis Obliterans
Generic synonyms: Induration, Sclerosis
Derivative terms: Arteriosclerotic
Coronary-artery Disease Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Coronary-artery Disease Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Coronary-artery Disease
Literary usage of Coronary-artery disease
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Lifelong Passion: Nicholas and Alexandra: Their Own Story by Andrei Maylunas (2005)
"Allograft coronary artery disease (CAD) is the major determinant of long-term survival following heart transplantation (HTx). ..."
2. Health Care Technology And Its Assessment In Eight Countries edited by H. David Banta (2004)
"Case studies TREATMENTS FOR CORONARY ARTERY DISEASE-CABG AND PTCA Coronary artery disease, the most frequent cause of death in the industrialized world, ..."
3. Guide To Clinical Preventive Services by U. S. Preventive Services Task Force (1989)
"Screening for Asymptomatic Coronary Artery Disease Recommendation: Clinicians should emphasize the primary prevention of coronary artery disease (CAD) by ..."
4. 5th Report Of The Joint National Committee On Detection, Evaluation, And by DIANE Publishing Company (2004)
"... such as congestive heart failure.91-92 Patients With Coronary Artery Disease Hypertension in patients with coronary artery disease should be treated. ..."
5. Second Report of the Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of ...by Scott M. Grundy by Scott M. Grundy (1997)
"Regression of coronary artery disease as a result of intensive lipid-lowering therapy in men ... Effects on coronary artery disease of lipid-lowering diet, ..."
6. Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine (1903)
"This model is pathophysiologically similar to the patient with coronary artery disease, demonstrates a similar ECG response to the stress of atrial pacing, ..."
7. The Status of Efforts to Identify Persian Gulf War Syndrome edited by Christopher Shays (1999)
"Any sort of coronary artery disease of this nature would have shown up, surely, quite early on. From what I can tell of the people I've spoken to, ..."
8. The Principles and Practice of Medicine: Designed for the Use of by William Osler (1909)
"(6) The second important effect of coronary-artery disease upon the myocardium is seen in the production of ... (c) Sudden Death in Coronary Artery Disease. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Coronary-artery disease