¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Cretinoid
Medical Definition of Cretinoid
1. Resembling a cretin; presenting symptoms similar to those of cretinism. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cretinoid Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cretinoid
Literary usage of Cretinoid
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Diseases of Children: Medical and Surgical by Henry Ashby, George Arthur Wright, William Perry Northrup (1893)
"There is reason also to believe that cretinoid changes are in operation during pregnancy, and that some of the cases in which softening of the bones is ..."
2. Diseases of the nervous system: A Text-book of Neurology and Psychiatry by Smith Ely Jelliffe, William Alanson White (1917)
"cretinoid Degeneration.—Mention has been made of the widespread character of this type of degeneration related to defective or absent thyroid ..."
3. Quarterly Compendium of Medical Science by D. G. Brinton (1884)
"Professor Kocher has indubitably proved that there is a direct casual connection between a cretinoid condition of the human being and the absence of the ..."
4. Types of Mental Defectives by Martin W. Barr, Earle Francis Maloney (1920)
"CHAPTER XV VARIOUS TYPES (C) cretinoid; Negroid; Acromegaly Cretinism, ... CASE A.—cretinoid. ILLUSTRATIVE CASES MB (High-Grade) was io years old when photo ..."