Definition of Croppers
1. Noun. (plural of cropper) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Croppers
1. cropper [n] - See also: cropper
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Croppers Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Croppers
Literary usage of Croppers
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Principles of Labor Legislation by John Rogers Commons, John Bertram Andrews (1920)
""croppers." But if, on the other hand, the tenant "invests" nothing but his own labor, and the landlord furnishes all of the working capital, ..."
2. Diary of the American Revolution: From Newspapers and Original Documents by Frank Moore (1860)
"... And rip your guts, and flay your skins, And of your ears be nimble croppers, And make your thumbs tobacco stoppers. If after all these loving warnings, ..."
3. Life of Richard Wagner by Carl Friedrich Glasenapp, William Ashton Ellis (1906)
"Fifth concert: Tannhauser overture ; all the critics come croppers. I shall see the wild beasts frequently, and march home at last with a few pence saved. ..."
4. Handbook to the Labor Law of the United States by F[rederic] J[esup] Stimson (1896)
"Labor upon Shares, croppers, Etc.— In one or two southern states there are special provisions as to agricultural labor in the case of farming upon shares ..."
5. The Economics of Land Tenure in Georgia by Enoch Marvin Banks (1905)
"This farmer employs about fifteen or twenty croppers, some white and some black, ... He gives personal direction to the work of the croppers and as a ..."
6. A Treatise on Mechanics' Liens by Louis Boisot (1897)
"834. Effect as to Third Persons. 835. Seed-Grain Liens. 836. Waiver and Loss. DIVISION II. PERSONS ENTITLED TO LIENS. § 837. Laborers. 838. "croppers." 839. ..."
7. Cycling Art, Energy and Locomotion: A Series of Remarks on the Development by Robert Pittis Scott (1889)
"HEADERS OR croppers. ... in the parlance of our brethren of England, "coming croppers," is perhaps a trivial heading for any article outside of newspaper or ..."
8. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1920)
"the mortgagee to settle with them, such share croppers could maintain an action against such mortgagee on their equitable right in or title to their share ..."