2. Noun. (Chiefly American English) Someone who volunteers or works in a hospital by caring for babies (by showing human touch, giving cuddles etc.) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Cuddler
1. one that cuddles [n -S] - See also: cuddles
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cuddler Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cuddler
Literary usage of Cuddler
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Nostrums and Quackery: Articles on the Nostrum Evil and Quackery, Reprinted by American Medical Association (1912)
"... pious editorials, and no conscience whatever in the matter of paid advertising, are his green pastures. He is a home-and- fireside cuddler, is Rupert. ..."
2. Life and Light for Woman by Woman's Board of Missions (1900)
"The breezes blow kisses from my cheek as lightly as my little cuddler Wilfrid knows how to do. The trees dance in the breezes as gayly as that bevy of ..."
3. The Writings in Prose and Verse of Rudyard Kipling by Rudyard Kipling (1904)
"They was hove overboard in quick time, an' that was what 'Op was lyin' to for. As subsequently transpired. "'Fine Arab arch to that cutter-cuddler's ..."