Definition of Currant bush
1. Noun. Any of various deciduous shrubs of the genus Ribes bearing currants.
Group relationships: Genus Ribes, Ribes
Specialized synonyms: Garden Current, Red Currant, Ribes Rubrum, Black Currant, European Black Currant, Ribes Nigrum, Ribes Sativum, White Currant, Ribes Sanguineum, Winter Currant
Generic synonyms: Bush, Shrub
Currant Bush Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Currant Bush Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Currant Bush
Literary usage of Currant bush
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Library of the World's Best Literature, Ancient and Modern by Charles Dudley Warner, Hamilton Wright Mabie, Lucia Isabella Gilbert Runkle, George H Warner (1902)
"0 I've found a currant-bush: don't pick it. ... He came to the currant-bush, and his wife jumped into the middle of it, and went flop into the bottomless ..."
2. Four Epochs of Life by Elizabeth Hamilton Muncie (1910)
"Don't you bother,' replied the currant bush, ' I may surprise you by blossoming first.' "'Without leaves? You cannot, for see how long it takes to make the ..."
3. The Repertory of Patent Inventions: And Other Discoveries and Improvements (1815)
"... Treatment of the Currant-bush during the ripening of the Fruit. By Mr. JAMES MACDONALD, at Dalkeith Park. From the TRANSACTIONS of the CALEDONIAN ..."
4. Select Extra-tropical Plants Readily Eligible for Industrial Culture Or by Ferdinand von Mueller (1888)
"... not subject to mildew. Careful cultivation has gradually advanced the size of the fruit (Meehan). Ribes rubrum, Linne.* The ordinary Red Currant-bush. ..."