Definition of Curry sauce
1. Noun. Allemande sauce with curry powder and coconut milk instead of stock.
Curry Sauce Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Curry Sauce Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Curry Sauce
Literary usage of Curry sauce
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Improved Housewife: Or Book of Receipts, with Engravings for Marketing by A. L. Webster (1855)
"Drawn Butter, curry sauce, and Egg Sauce. Always use sweet butter; if at all hurt, the butter is ... If you want curry sauce, sprinkle in curry powder. 108. ..."
2. The Dictionary of Dainty Breakfasts by Phillis Browne (1899)
"Take a tin of Halford's curry sauce, turn the contents into a saucepan, add a spoonful or two of stock, and make it hot. Put in the fish, and let it get ..."
3. The Starvation treatment of diabetes: With a Series of Graduated Diets Used by Lewis Webb Hill, Rena Sarah Eckman (1915)
"BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH curry sauce. Pick over Brussels sprouts, remove wilted leaves, ... Drain, and pour over one- fourth cup curry sauce. curry sauce. ..."
4. The Mendelssohn Club Cook Book by Mendelssohn Club (Rockford, Ill.) (1909)
"curry sauce. —MRS. D. RIEGEL. One tablespoon butter; 1 tablespoon flour; 1 teaspoon curry powder; 1 slice onion; 1 large cup stock; salt and pepper to taste ..."
5. New Vegetarian Dishes by Mrs Bowdich, E.W. Bowdich, James B. Herndon, Ernest Bell, Herndon/Vehling Collection (1892)
"curry sauce. i large onion. 2 ounces of butter. 4 ounce of flour. Another way. 1 pint water. ... curry sauce a Brazil. 2 ounces Brazil nuts. ..."
6. The Modern Cook: A Practical Guide to the Culinary Art in All Its Branches by Charles Elmé Francatelli (1880)
"PLAIN curry sauce.* PUT two ounces of fresh butter ... This economical method of making curry sauce should only be resorted to hi cases of emergency or ..."
7. The Modern Housewife: Or, Ménagère. Comprising Nearly One Thousand Receipts by Alexis Soyer (1851)
"curry sauce may be passed through a sieve previously to putting the head in. 556. CALF'S FEET CURRY.—After boiling a set of feet for calf's feet jelly, ..."