Definition of Cutaway drawing
1. Noun. A representation (drawing or model) of something in which the outside is omitted to reveal the inner parts.
Cutaway Drawing Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cutaway Drawing Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cutaway Drawing
Literary usage of Cutaway drawing
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Basic Studies in the Field of High-Temperature Engineering: Second by Nihon Genshiryoku Kenkyūjo (2002)
"A cutaway drawing of the equipment is shown in Figure 1. ... cutaway drawing of II type irradiation equipment Irradiation Unit Cross section of Irradiation ..."
2. Stages to Saturn: A Technological History of the Apollo/Saturn Launch Vehicle by Roger E. Bilstein (1999)
"... a cutway drawing of the liquid oxygen dome and the injector plate of the Fl engine; below, a cutaway drawing of the Mark 10 turbopump for the Fl enigne. ..."
3. Plasma Physics Of The Local Cosmos by National Research Council, National Academy of Sciences, Committee on Solar and Space Physics (2004)
"Convective zone Radiative zone Core Sunspots Photosphere Prominence Flare Coronal hole Chromosphere Corona FIGURE 4.5 cutaway drawing of the Sun showing ..."
4. Mosca: A Factual Fiction by Richard Miller (1997)
"A cutaway drawing of a Philco storage battery labeled y-Point Superiority— the points in question marked i and 2. and 3— ..."
5. Canadian Transportation and Distribution Management (1869)
"A cutaway drawing, to show the interior arrangement, as well as the exterior, of the terminal building, appears herewith, and inset is a map showing the ter ..."
6. Choosing a Wheelchair System edited by Seldon P. Todd, Jr. (1992)
"The cutaway drawing shows the three components of the friction type damper in a typical installation. The spring (4) forces the inner cone (6) into the ..."