Definition of Cycle of rebirth
1. Noun. (Hinduism) repeated rebirth in new forms.
Generic synonyms: Rebirth, Reincarnation, Renascence
Specialized synonyms: Moksa
Cycle Of Rebirth Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cycle Of Rebirth Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cycle Of Rebirth
Literary usage of Cycle of rebirth
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Living Buddhist Masters by Jack Kornfield (1998)
"It will lead to the breaking up of the chain of dependent origination, the cycle of rebirth and suffering. Where do we observe feeling? ..."
2. An Unentangled Knowing: Lessons in Training the Mind by Upasika K. Nanayon (1998)
"The more intricate the meanings you give them, the more lost you become—lost in the whorls of the cycle of rebirth. The cycle of rebirth and the processes ..."
3. Mental Culture in Burmese Crisis Politics: Aung San Suu Kyi and the National by Gustaaf Houtman (1999)
"... he sketches 'mental culture' as the only form of mental training that attains release from the cycle of rebirth. The whole of the Buddha's teachings may ..."
4. The Theosophist by Theosophical Society (Madras, India) (1899)
"... and of the teaching of Liberation from this cycle of rebirth by the possession of the powers of pure spiritually " faith, fervour, service of the ..."
5. Buddhist Dictionary: Manual of Buddhist Terms and Doctrinesby Nyanatiloka, Nyanatiloka Mahathera by Nyanatiloka, Nyanatiloka Mahathera (1980)
"... death, being four; the suffering in the lower states of existence being the fifth; further, the misery of the past rooted in the cycle of rebirth, ..."