Definition of Cymlings
1. cymling [n] - See also: cymling
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cymlings Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cymlings
Literary usage of Cymlings
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Improved Housewife: Or Book of Receipts, with Engravings for Marketing by A. L. Webster (1855)
"Cut the cymlings, (Virginia squashes,) in rings, or slips, and scrape them ... When cold, rinse the cymlings, and boil them about three-quarters of an hour. ..."
2. Virginia Cookery-book by Mary Stuart Smith (1912)
"cymlings, or Summer Squash. —To Bake Egg-plant.—To Fry Egg-plant.—Grits, or Small Hominy.—To Bake Grits.—Fried Grits.—To Boil Hominy.—Macaroni.—Okra. ..."
3. Housekeeping in Old Virginia: Containing Contributions from Two Hundred and by Marion Cabell Tyree (1879)
"Mrs. ST cymlings FRIED WITH BACON. Fry some slices of fat bacon in a pan. ... Fry in the gravy some cymlings that have been boiled tender and cut in slices. ..."
4. Fifty Years in a Maryland Kitchen by B. C. Howard, Jane Grant Gilmore Howard, James B. Herndon, Herndon/Vehling Collection (1881)
"After cutting out the blossom and stem-ends of the cymlings, put them to boil ... cymlings are not good if they are watery, and they must be well stewed, ..."
5. History of Methodism in Texas by Homer S. Thrall (1872)
"Doctor had brought a load of cymlings! As long as he stayed ill Texas Doctor Summers had a queer look-out from under his spectacles whenever ..."
6. Home Dissertations: An Offering to the Household for Economical and by E. Stevens Tilton (1885)
"SUMMER SQUASH OR cymlings. If the nail presses easily through the skin, do not remove it, or the seeds, ... If quite small the cymlings may be cooked whole. ..."
7. Housekeeper's Companion by Bessie E. Gunter (1889)
"FB TO STEW cymlings. Peel and boil till tender. Run through a colander. ... T. TO FEY cymlings. After boiling and running through a colander, ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Cymlings