Definition of Dactyloctenium
1. Noun. A monocotyledonous genus of the family Gramineae.
Generic synonyms: Liliopsid Genus, Monocot Genus
Group relationships: Family Graminaceae, Family Gramineae, Family Poaceae, Graminaceae, Gramineae, Grass Family, Poaceae
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Dactyloctenium Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Dactyloctenium
Literary usage of Dactyloctenium
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. An Illustrated Flora of the Northern United States, Canada and the British by Nathaniel Lord Britton, Addison Brown (1913)
"dactyloctenium Willd. Enum. 1029. 1809. Annual grasses with flat leaf-blades and ... 72. 1753. Eleusine aegyptia Pers. Syn. i: 87. 1805. dactyloctenium ..."
2. The Philippine Journal of Science by Institute of Science and Technology (Philippines) (1906)
"(56) dactyloctenium Willd. Empty glumes strongly mucronate-pointed; ... cosmopolitan in the tropical and warmer regions of the World. (1) dactyloctenium ..."
3. Flora australiensis: a description of the plants of the Australian territory. by George Bentham, Ferdinand von Mueller (1878)
"186 ; dactyloctenium radu- lans, Beauv. ; Kunth, Enum. i. 262. N. Australia. Gulf of Carpentaria, R. Brown, Gulliver ! Sir Charles Hardy's Archipelago, ..."
4. Grasses and Forage Plants: A Practical Treatise, Comprising Their Natural by Charles Louis Flint (1860)
"dactyloctenium. Egyptian Grass. Spikelets several-flowered, crowded on one side of the flattened rachis, forming two to five close, comb- like spikes, ..."
5. Handbook of the Flora of Philadelphia and Vicinity: Containing Data Relating by Ida Augusta Keller, Stewardson Brown (1905)
"ELEUSINE.Gaertn. 1. ELEUSINE INDICA (L.) Gaertn. Wire-grass, Crab-grass. M. p. 124. Fields and waste places. Summer. 47. dactyloctenium Willd. 1. ..."