Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Davidia Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Davidia
davidia (current term)
Literary usage of Davidia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Aristocrats of the Garden by Ernest Henry Wilson (1917)
"CHAPTER XV THE STORY OF THE davidia How many garden lovers ever pause to think of the means whereby their gardens became endowed with multifarious variety ..."
2. A naturalist in western China: with vasculum, camera, and gun; being some by Ernest Henry Wilson, Charles Sprague Sargent (1913)
"On a precipitous slope facing our lodgings a score or more davidia trees occur ... Ascending a precipice with difficulty, we soon reach the davidia trees. ..."
3. The Garden: An Illustrated Weekly Journal of Gardening in All Its Branches by William Robinson (1903)
"Only young plants of davidia at present exist in Europe, and all purchasers rosy have the honour of flowering it for the first time. ..."
4. Notes from a Diary, 1889-1891 by Mountstuart Elphinstone Grant Duff (1901)
"I went this forenoon to the library of the Linnean Society to see the figure of davidia mentioned in the following extract from a letter of Dyer's:— ..."
5. Beautiful Accomodation in New South Wales, Australia: The Discerning Guide by Jennifer Marie Lamattina (2004)
"... Hosts: Alex and davidia Williams Style: Art deco mansion Self-confessed art deco nuts and garden lovers, davidia and Alex Williams thought they'd won ..."