Definition of Defense attorney
1. Noun. The lawyer representing the defendant.
Category relationships: Jurisprudence, Law
Generic synonyms: Attorney, Lawyer
Defense Attorney Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Defense Attorney Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Defense Attorney
Literary usage of Defense attorney
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Peer Justice & Youth Empowerment: An Implementation Guide for Teen Court by Tracy M. Godwin, David J. Steinhart, Betsy A. Fulton (1997)
"The defense attorney begins asking questions. When finished, the defense ... The prosecuting attorney may redirect at this time; the defense attorney may ..."
2. Working with the Courts in Child Protection by Jane N. Feller (1995)
"If the defense attorney insists on a yes or no answer and interrupts the witness, ... Interrupting a witness' answers is probably the defense attorney's ..."
3. When the Victim Is a Child by Debra Whitcomb (1992)
"defense attorney. And then you said you put your mouth on his penis? ... defense attorney. Well, why did you tell your mother that your dad put his penis in ..."
4. Gang Suppression & Intervention: An Assessment by Irving A. Spergel (1996)
"defense attorney defense attorneys have begun to develop techniques and procedures ... Questions raised by the defense attorney include: the adequacy of the ..."
5. Open Wounds: Human Rights Abuses in Kosovo by Human rights watch-Helsinki, Helsinki, Julie Mertus, 0863 Helsinki, Human Rights Watch, Human Rights Watch (Organization) (1993)
"1: A defense attorney is allowed to talk to and exchange letters with his detained client after he has been interrogated. Par. 2: An investigative judge can ..."