Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Demeraran Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Demeraran
Literary usage of Demeraran
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Studies from the Morphological Laboratory in the University of Cambridge by Francis Maitland Balfour, Adam Sedgwick (1889)
"In the demeraran specimens, on the other hand, the lower portion of the papillae have ... 29) resemble those of the demeraran specimens, and will serve for ..."
2. The Ibis by British Ornithologists' Union (1897)
"... British Guiana, representing the nest and egg of the demeraran Cock-of-the-Rock, Rupicola crocea, of natural size, being ouc of the specimens obtained ..."
3. Australia and New Zealand by Anthony Trollope (1873)
"... that it was insisted upon with absolute confidence - Barbadoes; that no demeraran doubted it in Brits-- Guiana; that it was hinted at in Jamaica with as ..."
4. The Journal of Conchology (1879)
"Cuban differ from demeraran shells in being less sharply angulate, in spire being more raised, sides less flattened, and color lighter (? var. ..."
5. The Genus Phoradendron: A Monographic Revision by William Trelease (1916)
"The type from Demerara. Specimens examined:—BRITISH GUIANA (Jenman, 2542, Nov. 1886,— the type). Noted as the largest-leaved of the demeraran species. ..."
6. Dutch Guiana by W[illiam] G[ifford] Palgrave (1876)
"... juxtaposition, made the present occasion doubly favourable; so I readily determined to follow up my demeraran visit by another to a region which, ..."
7. A Manual Flora of Madeira and the Adjacent Island of Porto Santo and the by Richard Thomas Lowe (1868)
"... tive but much inferior demeraran a, with which it grows ofB intermixed, an odd pi. here and there. St. hard stiff often woody or almost ..."