Definition of Demographist
1. Noun. A scientist who studies the growth and density of populations and their vital statistics.
Generic synonyms: Sociologist
Derivative terms: Demography, Demography
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Demographist Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Demographist
Literary usage of Demographist
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The History of Statistics: Their Development and Progress in Many Countries by John Koren, American Statistical Association (1918)
"Both the hygienist and the sociologist must build their efforts upon the work of the demographist, if they would build effectively, and without misdirected ..."
2. Public Health Papers and Reports by American Public Health Association (1891)
"We all admit that for certain effects there must be specific causes. To find this cause falls to the province of the hygienist and demographist ..."
3. Transactions of the Seventh International Congress of Hygiene and Demography by Charles Edward Shelly (1892)
"... limited supply of oxygen are favourable to the growth of the bacillus; the hygienist and demographist come forward with three classes of observed facts. ..."
4. Journal by California Legislature (1893)
"To find this cause falls to the province of the hygienist and demographist. As physicians, we are well aware that a pathologist must of necessity first be ..."