Definition of Department of agriculture
1. Noun. The federal department that administers programs that provide services to farmers (including research and soil conservation and efforts to stabilize the farming economy); created in 1862.
Department Of Agriculture Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Department Of Agriculture Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Department Of Agriculture
Literary usage of Department of agriculture
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1902)
"Assistant in Testing Gardens, Department of Agriculture. ... Assistant in Charge of Seed and Plant Introduction, Department of Agriculture. ..."
2. Bulletin by New Jersey, Dept. of Agriculture, New Jersey Dept. of Agriculture (1918)
"Since that time the work has been conducted by the newly organized State Department of Agriculture. It has been apparent for some time that the laws are ..."
3. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1918)
"In addition to all these provisions, however, the Department of Agriculture will, during 1916, spend from its own appropriations ..."
4. The Journal of Home Economics by American Home Economics Association (1915)
"THE STATES RELATIONS SERVICE OF THE UNITED STATES department of agriculture HL KNIGHT States Relations Service On July 1, 1915, a new plan of organization ..."
5. Report of the Secretary for Agriculture by United States Dept. of Agriculture (1868)
"... viz : "Resolved, That tho Commissioner of Agriculture be instructed to report to this house the condition of the Department of Agriculture, ..."
6. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1899)
"the Department of Agriculture for 1898. Pp. 201-212. Pis. I. Figs. 9. Description of the standard Weather Bureau kite and apparatus, with illustrations. ..."