Definition of Department of anthropology
1. Noun. The academic department responsible for teaching and research in anthropology.
Department Of Anthropology Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Department Of Anthropology Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Department Of Anthropology
Literary usage of Department of anthropology
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Report of the Annual Meeting (1883)
"On an Instructional System of Arrangement in Provincial Museums. By FT MOTT, FRGS department of anthropology. CHAIRMAN OF THE DEPARTMENT—Professor "W. BOYD ..."
2. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1903)
"Correspondence leading to aid in this survey is solicited by the Department of Anthropology of the University of California. BENJ. IDE WHEELER, President of ..."
3. Register by University of California, Berkeley, California, University (1922)
"Department of Anthropology, American Museum of Natural History; Honorary Philologist, Bureau of American Ethnology, 1903; ..."
4. The American Antiquarian and Oriental Journal by Stephen Denison Peet (1904)
"By George A. Dorsey, Curator, Department of Anthropology, Field Columbian Moscow, and Alfred L. Kroeber, Department of Anthropology- ..."
5. Types of Indian Culture in California by Alfred Louis Kroeber (1904)
"Exchanges to be addressed to the Department of Anthropology, University of California, Berkeley, California. FW PUTNAM, Director of Department. ..."