Definition of Departure tax
1. Noun. A tax that is levied when you are departing a country by land or sea or air.
Departure Tax Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Departure Tax Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Departure Tax
Literary usage of Departure tax
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Adventure Guide to St. Martin & St. Barts by Lynne M. Sullivan (2003)
"departure tax Fou will be charged a $20 departure tax when you leave St. ... Y; St. Barts charges a $5 per person departure tax, but it is included in the ..."
2. Adventure Guide to Jamaica by Paris Permenter (2005)
"departure tax departure tax from Montego Bay and Kingston airports (not for intra-island ... Many airlines include the departure tax in the ticket price. ..."
3. St. Martin and St. Barts Alive! by Harriet Greenberg (2003)
"departure tax There is a departure tax of US $12 when flying from Princess Juliana Airport to St. Barts. A $5 tax is charged those leaving by boat. ..."
4. Paying for Highways, Airways, and Waterways: How Can Users Be Charged (1993)
"International departure tax The federal government levies an international ... Because the international departure tax, like the passenger ticket tax, ..."
5. Pocket Adventures Guatemala by Shelagh McNally (2006)
"departure tax If you leave by plane, you are required to pay whopping Q237 exit fee (about US $30 per person). If you leave by land the exit fee is Q10 ..."
6. Dutch Antilles: Aruba, Bonaire, Curacaoby Don Philpott by Don Philpott (2001)
"departure tax There is an airport departure tax of US$20 although this is often incorporated into the price of your air ticket. ..."
7. Dominica & St. Lucia Aliveby Lynne M. Sullivan by Lynne M. Sullivan (2002)
"The departure tax, which is charged everyone over the age of 12 after 24 hours on the island at both airports, is EC$30 plus an Environmental Levy of EC$4, ..."