¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Depleter
1. one that depletes [n -S] - See also: depletes
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Depleter Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Depleter
Literary usage of Depleter
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Transactions of the ... Session of the American Institute of Homœopathy by American Institute of Homeopathy Session (1895)
"As a depleter, glycerine is an old and reliable standby. ... But what has given me better results as a depleter than anything else, ..."
2. Theories of Social Progress: A Critical Study of the Attempts to Formulate by Arthur James Todd (1918)
"... must express or ease themselves in war, or that war is the only vital process. On the contrary, war is often the depleter, the exhauster, the relaxer, ..."
3. Philosophy, Humanity and Ecology: Vol. 1: Philosophy of Nature edited by J. Odera Oruka (1996)
"... our demand for action against the polluter, the depleter of natural resources, the destroyer of species, and wildernesses'.10 This position is disputed ..."
4. Our Common Journey: A Transition Toward Sustainability by National Research Council (1999)
"But methyl bromide, a potent ozone depleter, has proved to be a much more difficult compound to deal with in the ..."