Definition of Diamondback terrapin
1. Noun. Of marshes along Atlantic and Gulf Coasts of United States.
Generic synonyms: Terrapin
Group relationships: Genus Malaclemys, Malaclemys
Diamondback Terrapin Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Diamondback Terrapin Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Diamondback Terrapin
Literary usage of Diamondback terrapin
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science by Kansas Academy of Science (1868)
"Aspects of the reproductive biology of the northern diamondback terrapin Malaclemys terrapin ... Reproduction and development in the diamondback terrapin. ..."
2. Food and Flavor: A Gastronomic Guide to Health and Good Living by Henry Theophilus Finck (1913)
"In the days when canvasback ducks and diamondback terrapin were abundant Baltimore was the gourmet's headquarters. There were terrapin palaces in those days ..."
3. The Contemporary Short Story: A Practical Manual by Harry Torsey Baker (1916)
"... and three-for-fifteen herrings exchanged raciness with the quintessence of four-dollars-a-portion diamondback terrapin and attar of redheaded duckling. ..."
4. First Annual Report of the Secretary, 1903 by Dept. of Commerce and Labor, United States (1903)
"Experiments in diamondback-terrapin culture, which have been in progress for several years, have been continued and the results attained lead to the ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Diamondback terrapin