Definition of Distributor cap
1. Noun. The cap of the distributor that holds in place the wires from the distributor to the spark plugs.
Distributor Cap Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Distributor Cap Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Distributor Cap
Literary usage of Distributor cap
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Dyke's Automobile and Gasoline Engine Encyclopedia by Andrew Lee Dyke (1920)
"Remove distributor cap, then set the combination breaker and distributor on ... Now replace the distributor cap, carefully noticing which segment of the ..."
2. The Automobile Handbook by Leonard Elliott Brookes (1918)
"Remove distributor cap, then set igniter on driving shaft with set ... About every four or thousand miles the distributor cap should removed and wiped out. ..."
3. Automotive Ignition Systems by Earl Lester Consoliver, Grover Ira Mitchell (1920)
"The distributor cap should be removed and the contact points inspected every ... The distributor cap will require no attention except to wipe out from time ..."
4. Automobile Ignition: Operation, Upkeep, Care and Repair of Modern Forms of by Harold Phillips Manly (1919)
"The central terminal of the distributor cap carries the end of the lead from ... The distributor cap is supported on the upper edge of a brass ring which ..."
5. Automobile Laboratory Manual: Projects for the Study of Engines, Carburetors by Frederick Foreman Good (1922)
"Carefully take off the distributor cap by removing the two large screws at ... After observing this mechanism replace the distributor cap and the screws. ..."
6. Cyclopedia of Automobiles, Gas and Oil Engines and Farm Tractors: A Complete by Leonard Elliott Brookes, James H. Stephenson (1919)
"Remove distributor cap, then set the igniter on driving shaft with set screws loose ... Replace the distributor cap, carefully noticing which segment of the ..."
7. Automobile Ignition, Starting, and Lighting: A Comprehensive Analysis of the by Charles Brian Hayward (1922)
"The distributor cap is mounted on the main housing and is held in alignment by the projection of the interrupter cup. A moulded tongue fits imm a ..."
8. Automatic Sprinkler Protection by Gorham Dana (1919)
"Pendent, water-joint type with revolving distributor. Cap fastened to top of ... Pendent valve sprinkler with similar distributor. Cap was screwed onto a ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Distributor cap