Definition of Doctorow
1. Noun. United States novelist (born in 1931).
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Doctorow Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Doctorow
Literary usage of Doctorow
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Writing America edited by Keith Donohue (2001)
"... is what the writer and the poet will give you. It is a natural resource no less than our forests, rivers, farmlands, and fisheries. - EL doctorow ..."
2. Plug Your Book: Online Book Marketing for Authors, Book Publicity Through by Steve Weber (2007)
"doctorow publishes his site using the WordPress blogging system. Interestingly, doctorow allows visitors to download the full text of any of his books for ..."
3. Architecture of Instruction and Delight: A Socio-historical Analysis of by Pieter van Wesemael (2001)
"278 doctorow, 1985, pp.242-43. 279 Harrison, 1980, p.1V, V and p.6; Cohen, ... See also doctorow, 1985, pp.278-79 and 312-21; Gelernter, 1995, pp.58-60. ..."
4. History of the Wars Occasioned by the French Revolution, from the by C. H. Gifford (1817)
"The sixth corps, commanded by General doctorow, consisted of 18000 men ; liii • corps ... doctorow, perceiving that he was anticipated, turned to tbe right, ..."
5. Narrative of events during the invasion of Russia by Napoleon Bonaparte, and by Robert Thomas Wilson, Wilson, Robert Thomas, Sir, 1777-1849 (1860)
"Not a moment was lost: by seven o'clock the corps of doctorow was straining every ... doctorow had despatched advice to Kutusow "of the intelligence he had ..."
6. Narrative of Events During the Invasion of Russia by Napoleon Bonaparte, and by Robert Thomas Wilson (1860)
"Not a moment was lost : by seven o'clock the corps of doctorow was straining every ... doctorow had despatched advice to Kutusow "of the intelligence he had ..."
7. History of the Consulate and the Empire of France Under Napoleon by Adolphe Thiers, D. Forbes Campbell (1893)
"... and ordering a copy of the instructions to be forwarded to each. That experienced chief knew in what doctorow alone examined the map attentively. ..."