Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Doctrinairism Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Doctrinairism
Literary usage of Doctrinairism
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Essays on the Materialistic Conception of History by Antonio Labriola (1908)
"itself, and it is no wonder if the revolution, which was preceded ideologically by the most acute form of rationalistic doctrinairism ever known, ..."
2. Macmillan's Magazine by David Masson, George Grove, John Morley, Mowbray Morris (1878)
"Hence the same public - which despises doctrinairism in politics is just as decided and united in despising everything but ..."
3. Journal of Social Science by Franklin Benjamin Sanborn, Frederick Stanley Root, American Social Science Association, Isaac Franklin Russell (1891)
"That we suffer greatly from doctrinairism, and have always so suffered, from the days of Thomas Jefferson until now, is undoubtedly true ; but the main sign ..."
4. Journal of Social Science by American Social Science Association (1890)
"That we suffer greatly from doctrinairism, and have always so suffered, from the days of Thomas Jefferson until now, is undoubtedly true; but the main sign ..."
5. Local Government in Canada: An Historical Study by John George Bourinot (1886)
"Our American life furnishes constant examples of this doctrinairism of practical men, quite as absurd as ..."
6. Historical Philosophy in France and French Belgium and Switzerland by Robert Flint (1894)
">r philosophy itself, and doctrinairism more for political history than for political science. As the philosophical speculations of M. Cousin, ..."
7. The Philosophy of History in France and Germany by Robert Flint (1874)
"Indeed, eclecticism did more for the history of philosophy than for philosophy itself, and doctrinairism more for political history than for political ..."