Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Dogedom Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Dogedom
dogedom (current term)
Literary usage of Dogedom
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Quarterly Review by William Gifford, George Walter Prothero, John Gibson Lockhart, John Murray, Whitwell Elwin, John Taylor Coleridge, Rowland Edmund Prothero Ernle, William Macpherson, William Smith (1896)
"'s plan for terminating the dogedom — -a plan which might have succeeded but for the cowardice or treachery of Pulteney — are exactly of a piece with the ..."
2. Order and Progress by Frederic Harrison (1875)
"From which of the evils of democracy does our dogedom preserve us ? We have surely our fair share of political agitation, party faction, and personal ..."
3. The Cities of Northern Italy by George Charles Williamson (1908)
"In 1405 the great Republic was the conqueror, and Francesco Carrara and his two sons were taken prisoners and were brought to Venice during the dogedom of ..."
4. Days Spent on a Doge's Farm by Margaret Symonds (1908)
"My friends and all the potentates of the dogedom shook their heads. Teolo, they said, was a heathenish citta, also it was neither customary nor fit for sig- ..."
5. Venice as Seen and Described by Famous Writers edited by Esther Singleton (1905)
"... the second gallery that decks the interior as well as the exterior of the palace, was erected during the dogedom of Agostino Barbarigo by Antonio Rizzo. ..."