Definition of Dope up
1. Verb. Give a narcotic to. "The athletes were dope by the coach before the race"
Category relationships: Medicine, Practice Of Medicine
Generic synonyms: Dose, Drug
Specialized synonyms: Soup
Derivative terms: Dope
Dope Up Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Dope Up Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Dope Up
dope up (current term)
Literary usage of Dope up
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Transactions of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers by American Society of Mechanical Engineers (1919)
"The small crimp in such a fabric makes it dope up very tightly. 80 Bursting Test. The curves, Fig. ..."
2. The Modern English Verb-adverb Combination by Arthur Garfield Kennedy (1920)
"... clean up, clear out 'to depart,' clear up (of the weather), cover up, doctor up, dope up, draw up 'to stop,' fire up, fix up 'to dress up,' get about, ..."
3. My Life in Prison by Donald Lowrie (1912)
"Up to a year ago th' place was full o* dope; up to th' time Aguirre (the warden) came. I ain't got no use f'r Aguirre, but he's done one fing what no man ..."
4. Technology Review by Massachusetts Institute of Technology Association of Class Secretaries, Massachusetts Institute of Technology Alumni Association (1899)
"Business in correspondence has been so brisk, that there has been but little time to "dope up" details for various dinners throughout the winter, ..."
5. Transactions by American Society of Mechanical Engineers (1919)
"The small crimp in such a fabric makes it dope up very tightly. 80 Bursting Test. The curves, Fig. 10, represent the pressure- reflection properties of the ..."
6. Goin' Fishin': Weather and Feed Facts; the Fresh-water Game Fish; the by Carroll Blaine Cook (1920)
"In the meantime, fellows, don't those old " he- wop " bass sound good, and can you slip back into your easy-chair and dope up the rattling good fight they ..."
7. The Engineers' Review (1905)
"TWIST There never was a valve stem that could not be packed with Palmetto Twist in half the time that it takes to dope up enough cotton yarn or asbestos ..."