Definition of Drive-by shooting
1. Noun. Shooting someone from a car as it is driven past the victim.
Drive-by Shooting Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Drive-by Shooting Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Drive-by Shooting
Literary usage of Drive-by shooting
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Under Orders: War Crimes in Kosovo by Fred Abrahams (2001)
"On May 28, two men and a four-year-old boy were killed and two men were wounded in a "drive-by" shooting in Cernica (Gnjilane municipality).32 A May 31 ..."
2. Center of the Storm: A Case Study of Human Rights Abuses in Hebron District by Peter Bouckaert, Human Rights Watch (Organization) (2001)
"At the hospital, Abu 'Awwad was told by hospital workers that the same car had been involved in two other drive-by shooting incidents aimed at ..."
3. Youth Violence: Developing Local and State Solutions Hearings Before the edited by Fred Thompson (1998)
"... a youngster, 12 years old, went to a neighborhood market to buy an ice cream cone and was killed by other youths in a drive-by shooting. ..."
4. Preventing Gang & Drug Related Witness Intimidation by Peter Finn (1998)
"For example, when there was a drive-by shooting in which a two-year-old child died, the initiative responded to community requests for assistance by trying ..."
5. Violence In The Schools: How America's School Boards Are Safeguarding Your by DIANE Publishing Company (2004)
"Twenty-three percent reported a drive-by shooting in their district. And 15 percent reported at least one rape in their schools in the previous year. ..."
6. Moon-o-theism: A Study of Mideast Moon-God Religionsby Yoel Natan by Yoel Natan (2006)
"1014 3 men in car perpetrate drive-by shooting: "Men wearing Burkas shoot Afghan Civilians," centcom.mil, 16 Jul 2006, Release No. ..."