Definition of Duck shot
1. Noun. Small lead shot for shotgun shells.
Duck Shot Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Duck Shot Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Duck Shot
Literary usage of Duck shot
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Instructions to Young Sportsmen in All that Relates to Guns and Shooting by Peter Hawker (1859)
"duck shot. No. 1 and 2 for a seven gauge, and A. or B. for a Jive ditto, or inch bore, are preferable to the very largest shot, by the same reason that No. ..."
2. Instructions to Young Sportsmen, in All that Relates to Guns and Shooting by Peter Hawker, William Trotter Porter (1846)
"At all events, with these muskets, the non-commissioned officers cannot be too particular in seeing that the men keep them perfectly clean. duck shot. No. ..."
3. The Black Border: Gullah Stories of the Carolina Coast by Ambrose Elliott Gonzales (1922)
""Uh don't know de size uv uh duck shot! Course uh knows de size uv uh duck shot. ... "If you know the size of a duck shot, take this pencil and let the jury ..."
4. Incidents of Travel in Central America, Chiapas, and Yucatan by John Lloyd Stephens (1858)
"ly, in pursuance of my plan of encumbering myself as little as possible, I had with me but a few charges of duck-shot and half a dozen pistol balls. ..."
5. History of Australian Bushranging by Charles White (1903)
"I have got a charge of duck-shot in my leg. Why don't the police use bullets instead of duck-shot? One of the policemen that was firing at me was a splendid ..."
6. Carolina Sports by William Elliot (1918)
"Look at Dash! he is pushing for the margin as fast as spur can drive him—he reins in his horse, and cracks away with duck-shot—"your distance is too great, ..."
7. The Last of the Bushrangers: An Account of the Capture of the Kelly Gang by Francis Augustus Hare (1895)
"I have got a charge of duck-shot in my leg. Why don't the police use bullets instead of duck-shot ? " One of the policemen that was firing at me was ..."
8. Sketches of Indian Life by Frederick Frost (1904)
"However, this did not alter the fact that we had no bullet, nor a marble even, and duck shot is not the thing to shoot a bear. The bear came trotting along ..."