Definition of Dynamic viscosity
1. Noun. A measure of the resistance to flow of a fluid under an applied force.
Medical Definition of Dynamic viscosity
1. The internal or molecular frictional resistance of a fluid by Newton's law of viscosity as the ratio of the applied force per unit area to the relative velocity of adjacent fluid layers (produced by the force). (05 Mar 2000)
Dynamic Viscosity Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Dynamic Viscosity Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Dynamic Viscosity
Literary usage of Dynamic viscosity
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Oil Spill Dispersants: Efficacy And Effects by National Research Council (U. S.) (2005)
"It may also be reported in kinematic units of centistokes (cSt; 0.01 cm2 s1) by dividing the dynamic viscosity by the fluid density. ..."
2. Design and Use of Superior Asphalt Binders by Richard R. Davison (1994)
"Viscosity A Carri-Med 500 Controlled Stress Rheometer measured the low shear rate dynamic viscosity (77*) of the samples. A Peltier heating and cooling ..."
3. HVAC and Chemical Resistance Handbook for the Engineer and Architect: A ...by Tom Arimes by Tom Arimes (1994)
"... Absolute (Dynamic) Viscosity 'Pound/ = Pound of Force To convert absolute or dynamic viscosity from one set of units to another, locate the given set of ..."
4. Volcanic Ash and Aviation Safety: Proceedings of the First International edited by T. J. Casadevall (1995)
"The dynamic viscosity of the atmosphere is modeled as a function of the ... p. is the dynamic viscosity in kg/sec-m, ß is a constant (1.458x IO"6 kg/sec m ..."
5. Nuclear Production of Hydrogen: First Information Exchange Meeting, Paris by OECD Nuclear Energy Agency (2001)
"987 ) (6) where the dynamic viscosity is expressed in SI unit. Gas bubbling In a liquid metal TDM bath, methane is decomposed while bubbling in the liquid ..."
6. Code of Federal Regulations: Parts 170 to 199 Revised as of April 1, 2005 by Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Staff (2005)
"ASTM D 445—74 Standard Test Method for Kinematic Viscosity of Transparent and Opaque Liquids (and the Calculations of dynamic viscosity). ..."