Definition of E. l. doctorow
1. Noun. United States novelist (born in 1931).
E. L. Doctorow Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: E. L. Doctorow Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of E. L. Doctorow
Literary usage of E. l. doctorow
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Writing America edited by Keith Donohue (2001)
"... is what the writer and the poet will give you. It is a natural resource no less than our forests, rivers, farmlands, and fisheries. - EL Doctorow ..."
2. Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of English Usage by Inc. Merriam-Webster (1994)
"Knelt occurs just a little more frequently than does kneeled in contemporary usage: The boy knelt and held out his arms —EL Doctorow, Ragtime, ..."
3. Practical Ideas for Teaching Writing As a Process by Carol B. Olson (1996)
"The first was written by a seventh grader; the second, by novelist EL Doctorow. Both passages concern a scene at a bus stop: Telling: Each morning I ride ..."
4. Benjamin Franklin in American Thought and Culture, 1790-1990 by Nian-Sheng Huang (1994)
"... The New Republic (2 November 1992): 7; and EL Doctorow, "Fate, Hope and Voting: The Character of Presidents," The Nation (q November 1992): 534-36. ..."
5. Teaching Adolescent Writers by Kelly Gallagher (2006)
"EL Doctorow "7 admire anybody who has the guts to write anything at all." EB White " What is written without effort is in generally read without pleasure. ..."
6. Architecture of Instruction and Delight: A Socio-historical Analysis of by Pieter van Wesemael (2001)
"Penguin Books, New York, (1906) ‘990; EL Doctorow, The Waterworks, Random House, New York, 1994; and Cecilia Tichi in her introduction to Edward Bellamy, ..."
7. Adventure Guide to the Florida Keys and Everglades National Park by Bruce Morris (2004)
"Luminaries such as Mr. & Mrs. Richard Gene, Joseph Heller, Lennox Lewis, EL Doctorow and Annie Proulx are frequent guests. That should give you a hint of ..."
8. Wisdom for the Soul: Five Millennia of Prescriptions for Spiritual Healing by Larry Chang (2006)
"EL Doctorow, 1931- ~ Everybody's a mad scientist, and life is their lab. We're all trying to experiment to find a way to live, to solve problems, ..."