Definition of Economic condition
1. Noun. The condition of the economy.
Specialized synonyms: Recession, Depression, Economic Crisis, Slump, Full Employment, Prosperity, Softness, Shakeout, Wage Setter
Economic Condition Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Economic Condition Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Economic Condition
Literary usage of Economic condition
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Juvenile Offenders by William Douglas Morrison (1897)
"economic condition of orphaned and deserted children—economic condition of illegitimate and partially orphaned children— Children dependent on their mothers ..."
2. Economic History of Virginia in the Seventeenth Century: An Inquiry Into the by Philip Alexander Bruce (1907)
"I began with the intention of writing an account of the economic condition of the Virginian people in the period between the Revolution and the late War. ..."
3. The Quarterly Review by John Gibson Lockhart, George Walter Prothero, William Gifford, Sir John Taylor Coleridge, Whitwell Elwin, William Macpherson, Baron Rowland Edmund Prothero Ernle, Sir William Smith (1915)
"THE economic condition OF ENEMY COUNTRIES. IN surveying the financial and economic position of enemy countries, the wish is apt to become father to the ..."
4. Annual Report by New York (State), Bureau of Statistics, Dept. of Labor (1902)
"THE economic condition OF ORGANIZED LABOR. The statistics of labor for the year ended September 30,, as embodied in ..."
5. Poverty: A Study of Town Life by Benjamin Seebohm Rowntree (1908)
"... CHAPTER II SOCIAL AND economic condition OF THE WAGE- EARNING CLASS IN YORK HAVING decided to make an inquiry into the economic and social condition of ..."
6. Journal of the Statistical Society of London by Statistical Society (Great Britain) (1866)
"AT the courteous invitation of tho Council, I was present here last year when a Paper was read by Professor L. Levi, " On the Economic " Condition of tho ..."