Definition of Educational institution
1. Noun. An institution dedicated to education.
Specialized synonyms: Preschool, School, School, College, University
Educational Institution Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Educational Institution Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Educational Institution
Literary usage of Educational institution
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The National Cyclopaedia of American Biography by James Terry White, James T. White & Company (1898)
"In this work he was seconded by every prominent educational institution in Missouri. His tours were made in seven or eight states besides Missouri, ..."
2. Protecting the Privacy of Student Records: Guidelines for Education Agencies by Dona Cheung, Barbara Clements, Ellen Pechman (1997)
"... and (u) Those letters and statements are related to the student's— (A) Admission to an educational institution; (B) Application for employment; ..."
3. Dictionary of national biography by Leslie Stephen, Sidney Lee (1901)
"local volunteers from 1859 to 1888, and for forty-two years he was a trustee and governor of Taylor's educational institution, Crieff. ..."
4. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1903)
"Land belonging to an educational Institution. on which are some of Its minor buildings and a hospital for contagious diseases, the remainder ef which Is ..."
5. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann (1913)
"... is an apology for infant Christianity, and his " Philosophie de la prière" (1864) contains the outpouring of a devout soul. educational institution. ..."
6. The Meaning of Education: Contributions to a Philosophy of Education by Nicholas Murray Butler (1915)
"... The three types of American educational institution National institutions not necessarily governmental ent types of educational institution, ..."