Definition of Efferent neuron
1. Noun. A neuron conducting impulses outwards from the brain or spinal cord.
Generic synonyms: Nerve Cell, Neuron
Group relationships: Efferent, Efferent Nerve, Motor Nerve
Efferent Neuron Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Efferent Neuron Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Efferent Neuron
Literary usage of Efferent neuron
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Monographic Medicine by William Robie Patten Emerson, Guido Guerrini, William Brown, Wendell Christopher Phillips, John Whitridge Williams, John Appleton Swett, Hans Günther, Mario Mariotti, Hugh Grant Rowell (1916)
"These various central neuron systems, impinging upon the peripheral efferent neuron systems, are being gradually worked out anatomically and physiologically ..."
2. Kirkes' Handbook of physiology by William Senhouse Kirkes (1905)
"More often, three or more neurons take part, as shown in figs. 353, 355. The neuron connecting the afferent neuron with the efferent neuron belongs to the ..."
3. Edinburgh Medical Journal (1902)
"... centre of the central efferent neuron; C<5, cardiac ganglion or centre of ... efferent neuron. varieties of angina pectoris mentioned in last lecture. ..."
4. The Nervous affections of the heart: Being the Morison Lectures Delivered by George Alexander Gibson (1905)
"... AN, accessory nucleus, the probable centre of the central efferent neuron ; CG, cardiac ganglion or centre of the peripheral efferent neuron ; SrG, ..."
5. The Elements of Scientific Psychology by Knight Dunlap (1922)
"... or else the afferent neuron is in permanent connection with a central neuron, which, in turn, is in permanent connection with the efferent neuron, ..."
6. An Outline of psychobiology by Knight Dunlap (1917)
"An afferent impulse over a single neuron is capable of being transmitted to any efferent neuron of the centralized nervous system, including the visceral ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Efferent neuron