¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Einkorn
1. a variety of wheat [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Einkorn Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Einkorn
einkorn (current term)
Literary usage of Einkorn
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Essays on Wheat: Including the Discovery and Introduction of Marquis Wheat by A. H. Reginald Buller, Buller, A. H. Reginald, 1874-1944 (1919)
"einkorn and Its Prototype Distinct from other Wheats " More than fifty years ago ... This differs from the cultivated Triticum monococcum (einkorn) only in ..."
2. Calcutta Review by University of Calcutta (1844)
"Wild einkorn, native to Middle East and southern Europe, is probably one ancestor to all the other cultivated wheats. The seven species recognised by ..."
3. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1922)
"einkorn with 7 chromosomes crossed with members of the Emmer group with 14 ... einkorn with only 7 haploid chromosomes is of practically no economic value. ..."
4. Bulletin by United States Bureau of Plant Industry (1910)
"It is known that the cultivation as grain crops of einkorn, emmer, and spelt is steadily decreasing. An attempt has been made in comparatively recent times ..."