Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Elchi Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Elchi
Literary usage of Elchi
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Life of Lord Stratford de Redcliffe by Stanley Lane-Poole (1890)
"THE GREAT elchi. IT was during his long reign at the Porte in the fifth and sixth decades of this century that Canning displayed those qualities and ..."
2. A Journey to the Source of the River Oxus by John Wood (1872)
"Make choice of Parwan.—Start for Turkistan.—Afghan elchi. ... Deserted by the Afghan elchi.—Bad roads.—Dangers among the Mountains.—Enter the Parwan valley. ..."
3. Proceedings by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain), Norton Shaw, Francis Galton, William Spottiswoode, Clements Robert Markham, Henry Walter Bates, John Scott Keltie (1857)
"They took us—never having seen any Europeans—for what we represented ourselves to be—merchants from Delhi. elchi, the capital of Khotan, was only two days' ..."
4. The Scandinavian Kingdom of Dublin by Charles Haliday (1884)
"... styled Mac elchi,"1 and when Canute and Harald plundered bythe ... The " Mac elchi" were aided in these depreda- 'rhe D.anes ot tions by Colla, ..."
5. Travels and Researches in Chaldæa and Susiana: With an Account of by William Kennett Loftus (1857)
"He was anxious to know what he should bring as a present to the elchi, ... I told him that " the elchi would accept of no presents—all he required was good ..."