Definition of Electric cell
1. Noun. A device that delivers an electric current as the result of a chemical reaction.
Generic synonyms: Electrical Device
Specialized synonyms: Electrolytic Cell, Fuel Cell, Photovoltaic Cell, Solar Cell, Secondary Cell, Storage Cell, Galvanic Cell, Primary Cell, Voltaic Cell
Derivative terms: Cellular
Electric Cell Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Electric Cell Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Electric Cell
Literary usage of Electric cell
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London by Royal Society (Great Britain) (1893)
"It closely resembles, except in size, the electric cell (fig. 1), and it also resembles the large motor cells of the Mammalian cord. ..."
2. A Dictionary of Electrical Words, Terms and Phrases by Edwin James Houston (1903)
"(1) An alarm operated by means of a photo-electric cell. (2) A selenium cell proposed for use in connection with the circuit of an electric source and ..."
3. Electric Ignition for Combustion Motors by Forrest Robert Jones (1912)
"Polarization of Primary electric cell. — The decrease of current that occurs while the circuit of a cell is kept closed, in the case of a cell having only ..."
4. The Gasoline Automobile by Peter Martin Heldt (1918)
"CHAPTER II Primary Electric Batteries The oldest source of current electricity is the primary electric cell. In its simplest form an electric cell consists ..."
5. Physics of the Household by Carleton John Lynde (1914)
"The electric cell is then the first household electrical appliance for us to study. Let us see what takes place inside an electric cell. The simple cell. ..."
6. Information Annual ...: A Continuous Cyclopedia and Digest of Current Events (1917)
"... a Budapest chemist, who invented the wolfram lamp, had invented an electric cell which renews its strength by absorbing oxygen from the air. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Electric cell