Definition of Electric refrigerator
1. Noun. A refrigerator in which the coolant is pumped around by an electric motor.
Specialized synonyms: Deep Freezer, Deep-freeze, Deepfreeze, Freezer, Ice Machine
Terms within: Electric Motor, Ice Maker
Generic synonyms: Icebox, Refrigerator
Electric Refrigerator Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Electric Refrigerator Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Electric Refrigerator
Literary usage of Electric refrigerator
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Edison Monthly by New York Edison Company (1921)
""The weather does not bother me any more since I have had my electric refrigerator. This fruit salad, for instance, and that mayonnaise and ..."
2. The Journal of Home Economics by American Home Economics Association (1915)
"... a plate warmer and an electric refrigerator. This unusual exhibit aroused great interest among the various schools in Greater New York and hundreds of ..."
3. Electricity for the Farm and Home by Frank Koester (1913)
"... 128 24 Ice-making plant 132 25 Arrangement of cold-storage room 134 26 Diagram of a refrigerating system 136 27 electric refrigerator 139 28 An electric ..."
4. In the Shade of an Acacia Tree: Memoirs of a Health Officer in Africa, 1945-1959 by Frank L. Lambrecht (1991)
"... cozy home built from natural stone, with an open fire, electric lights that worked 24 hours a day, cold and hot piped water, an electric refrigerator, ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Electric refrigerator