¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Encipherment
1. [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Encipherment Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Encipherment
Literary usage of Encipherment
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Information Systems: Agencies Overlook Security Controls During Development by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"F. The connection integrity without recovery service (a data integrity mechanism sometimes in conjunction with an encipherment mechanism). ..."
2. Defending Secrets, Sharing Data: New Locks and Keys for Electronic Information (1993)
"If encipherment is performed by some function E(Ke) and decipherment by another D(Kd), then in order to make the decipherment function the inverse of ..."
3. Ultra and the Army Air Forces in World War II: An Interview with Associate by Lewis F. Powell, Diane T. Putney (1987)
"Then in January 1939, the Germans increased the number of ENIGMA plug connections vastly complicating the encipherment process. ..."
4. Trusted Network Interpretation of the Trusted Computer System Evaluation (1994)
"... describing the use of encipherment techniques in communications architectures, has been published as a US member body contribution for consideration as ..."
5. Microcomputer Security by David J. Stang (1991)
"Double encryption uses two different methods for encipherment: The steps are: LJ plaintext in G initial encryption G second encryption Q transmission or ..."
6. Thirty Secret Years by Robin Denniston (2007)
"... and the Spanish Civil War (1935-39) provided sufficient volume of machine-enciphered messages, diplomatic and military, to explore machine encipherment. ..."
7. Report of the Nist Workshop on Digital Signature Certificate Managementedited by Dennis K. Branstad edited by Dennis K. Branstad (1996)
"... method of delivery), certificate purpose (encipherment and/or signature), names of any trusted third parties used to convey credential information, ..."