Definition of Entries
1. Noun. (plural of entry) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Entries
1. entry [n] - See also: entry
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Entries Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Entries
Literary usage of Entries
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Annual Report by Ohio State Board of Agriculture (1876)
"There were 38 entries of Shorthorn cattle; 6 entries of Devons, etc.; 2 entries of native grades; 4 entries of fat cattle; 1 entry of oxen, and 25 entries ..."
2. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1910)
"Where a party, In order to prove that there wore no entries to authorize the issuing of the warrants, offered to give In evidence ..."
3. United States Supreme Court Reports by United States Supreme Court, Walter Malins Rose, Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, LEXIS Law Publishing (1901)
"The right to join different entries in the same survey, then, ... The first and second sections of this act relate exclusively to entries made in or ..."
4. A Treatise on the Law of Evidence by Simon Greenleaf, Simon Greenleaf Croswell (1892)
"Party's own entries. In the United States, this principle has been carried farther, and extended to entries made by the ..."
5. The First Part of the Institutes of the Laws of England: Or, A Commentary by Edward Coke, Thomas Littleton, Matthew Hale, Heneage Finch Nottingham (1823)
"T\ISC ENTS which toll entries are in two manners, to wit, ... entries * sont), as ïf a man seised of certaine lands or tenements is by another disseised, ..."
6. Catalogue of Scientific Papers, 1800-1900 by Royal Society (Great Britain), Herbert McLeod (1908)
"It is believed that these entries cover all the contents of the serials indexed ... It was intended that the Index entries for the papers from 1800 to 1883 ..."
7. American Book Prices Current by Katherine Kyes Leab, Daniel J Leab (1908)
"Author and Title entries of Books. NY, 1880. 4to. Hf. mor., A., Jan. 20, '08. ... Author and Subject entries. NY, 1885. 410. Hf. mor., A., Jan. 20, '08. ..."