Definition of Euonymus atropurpureus
1. Noun. Deciduous shrub having purple capsules enclosing scarlet seeds.
Group relationships: Euonymus, Genus Euonymus
Generic synonyms: Bush, Shrub
Euonymus Atropurpureus Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Euonymus Atropurpureus Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Euonymus Atropurpureus
Literary usage of Euonymus atropurpureus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. New, Old, and Forgotten Remedies: Papers by Many Writers by Edward Pollock Anshutz (1917)
"Eucalyptol is an organic oxide (cineol) obtained from the volatile oil during distillation. euonymus atropurpureus COMMON NAME—Burning Bush, Wahoo. ..."
2. Materia Medica and Special Therapeutics of the New Remedies by Edwin Moses Hale (1897)
"(Same as of E. Aquaticum) (See ** Therapeutics") euonymus atropurpureus. (Wahoo.) DESCRIPTION.—A small shrub or bush, known by several other names, ..."
3. An Illustrated Flora of the Northern United States, Canada and the British by Nathaniel Lord Britton, Addison Brown (1913)
"euonymus atropurpureus Jacq. Burning Bush. Wahoo. Fig. 2799. euonymus atropurpureus Jacq. Hort. Vind. 2 : 5. pi. 120. 1772. A shrub or small tree, ..."
4. J. M. Nickell's Botanical Ready Reference (1880)
"Variety of euonymus atropurpureus. - 950 - euonymus atropurpureus. ... Burning Bush. Spindle Tree. Louse Berry Tree. Analogous to euonymus atropurpureus. ..."
5. King's American Dispensatory by John King (1909)
"... distillate of the bark of euonymus atropurpureus, a volatile oil (Amer. ... which they had obtained from euonymus atropurpureus and provisionally named ..."