Definition of Evergreen plant
1. Noun. A plant having foliage that persists and remains green throughout the year.
Evergreen Plant Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Evergreen Plant Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Evergreen Plant
Literary usage of Evergreen plant
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Garden Month by Month: Describing the Appearance, Color, Dates of Bloom by Mabel Cabot Sedgwick, Robert Cameron (1907)
"... Spreading evergreen plant with 6-9 in. May. ... Spreading evergreen plant with clus- 6-9 in. May. ..."
2. The Annals of Horticulture (1849)
"... evergreen plant, growing a foot high, •with ascendent hoary branches, lanceolate oblong leaves, with revolute margins, usually hoary beneath, ..."
3. The Handy Pocket Dictionary of the English Language by Thomas Joseph Carey (1892)
"Head'ineas, n. the quality of heing heady. Head'mg, ít. the title of a palmer, etc.; a gallery iu a mine. Heath, n. an evergreen plant; a place overgrown ..."
4. The Century Dictionary: An Encyclopedic Lexicon of the English Language by William Dwight Whitney (1889)
"One of several species of Lycopodium, or club-moss, especially L. clavatum, the common club-moss, a long creeping evergreen plant found in healthy pastures ..."
5. The Practical Flower Garden by Helena Rutherfurd Ely (1911)
"Is the most rapid-growing vine in cultivation, often growing 30 feet in a year. EUONYMUS RADICANS. Evergreen. Plant in the ..."